PYHOF: Memorable Movie Theme Songs Through The Years
You could say that the modern movie owes a part of its charm to its use of sound and music. On this edition of PYHOF, let us take a look back on some of the more memorable tunes that were featured in the silver screen through the years.
Cutest thing I’ve ever seen! I hope our dog would do this to me :”)
I just want to re-post this in light of the many Pinoys raising their fists over Dan Brown calling Manila the “Gateway to Hell” inhis new novel.
I love you my Onion Skinned countrymen, you are consistent in your righteousness & hypocrisy : )
I made it guys!!! My dream came true! My wish of having to attend a music festival! My first ever music festival with The Temper Trap as the headlining artist!
I still can’t believe the turn of events. I mean, everything happened felt surreal. Like everything was planned and written.
So here’s what happened:
- Yes, I didn’t win the Gap x Wanderland promo. It was announced the day before the concert, so I looked for ticket sellers online.
- I asked my mom for the nth time if I could go to Wanderland. She refused. Her reason? because it would be dangerous for me to travel alone, without a company, at an uynfamiliar place especially at night.
- Even my mom didn’t allow me to go, I still looked for reliable people who sell discounted tickets. Thank God I’ve found a kind and easygoing lass. We decided to meet up at the venue for the ticket.
- Saturday morning came. I woke up early and asked my mom again if I could go to Wanderland. She again refused. This time, I thought that I won’t have a chance anymore. I don’t know what happened but a moment after, my father came downstairs and taught me how to go to PRC Makati. He told me which mode of transportation I should take and the fares and stuff.
- I was so astonished that I went giddy and very excited because that only means one thing! That they’re allowing me to go even without company!
- I got myself ready for the concert and then met with my very good friend who lent me her ATM card so that I could have extra money for additional expenses in case my money run out.
- It was already 12:15pm on my watch when I rode the bus from Las Pinas to Pasay City. The meetup with my seller was supposed to be at 12:30 pm so I texted her that I’m gonna be late ‘cause it was traffic. Haha it was a lie, but I need to buy more time so that she wouldn’t be mad at me being late.
- I got at PRC at around half past 1. Thank God she was so patient and didn’t get mad at me. We met at McDonald’s PRC and then I bought her ticket. She even asked me if was going solo and I said yes.
- When I got to Circuit Makati the show still doesn’t start until around 2pm. I felt awkward at that time ‘cause all the people there have companies and then there’s me sitting alone on my mat. Hahaha.
- I got disappointed ‘cause I found out that there were no ATM Machines! That means I can’t withdraw from my friend’s ATM card!
- Fear washed over me because this time my money was at around P600 only and the food and beverages there were pretty pricey. I feared that I won’t be able to go home if I spend it all, so with the power of perseverance just to enjoy the show, I just settled with milk tea.
*JSYK I bought milk tea twice, one to serve as my lunch and the other as my dinner. I did not even went to the portalets to pee! Can you believe that?
- Then the show started at around 2:30pm. Taken by Cars was the first to perform and then followed by Pulso, She’s Only Sixteen, Yolanda Moon, Colour Coding and Avalanche City. These were the afternoon performances. It lasted until around 6pm, if I remembered it right.
- The show resumed at around 7pm with the performance of Tully on Tully followed Up Dharma Down and then Nada Surf. This time, I went near the stage to see UDD up close and to take pictures of them.
- After Nada Surf’s performace, I felt that my legs were killing me and I was having a hard time to breath in a heap of people so I decided to sit far beyond the stage and just watched Neon Trees from a distant. I was also preparing myself to join in the crowd once Neon Trees finished performing and it’s time for The Temper Trap.
- Neon Trees was done performing at around 11:00pm. I quickly went near as possible to the stage so that I could see The Temper Trap up close! We waited for almost an hour of set up until The Temper Trap went on the stage at around 12pm and then I had the most amazing time of my life!
- The show ended at around 1am after The Temper Trap performed their song “Sweet Disposition” and then I got ready to go home.
- I was lucky to found a jeepney which leads to LRT Buendia station. When I got there, there was an FX going to SM Southmall. So I rode it and then I got home safe.
There were so many things that happened that day. I can’t even type it all in here ‘cause I think that it would be too long. And I still have a hangover from last Saturday. My mind is still not in its normal function so forgive me if I have some grammatical or typographical errors on my post. It’s just the euphoria and exhaustion still lingers in my body that I can’t think very well.
Yes, the pictures and the videos. I’ll try to upload them sooner on my next post. Together with the other details that happened on Wanderland ;)
Gap x Wanderland
Hi guys! If you could remember, last time I said that I joined Gap’s contest where you will have a chance to win Wanderland VIP tickets. I remember saying that I’ll post my entries here as soon as me and my friend picked what we think are the best shots.
Btw, I had 2 entries. The first pic wasn’t chosen and this is what I wore in that pic
And this was my 2nd entry, which made it to Gap’s favorites
I had some feedbacks that the first pic looked better than the second one, and they wonder why didn’t it made to Gap’s favorites. I just said maybe they did not find it comfortable because I was wearing a button down shirt and I’ll be going to an open music festival which means that it’s gonna be hot especially during the afternoon.
Even though I wasn’t one of the 15 lucky winners, I’m still glad that I tried to join their contest. Somehow my esteem was boosted and I managed to think outside of the box. :)
And I was able to made it to WANDERLAND too! I’ll be posting about my Wonderful Wanderland experience soon! ;)
Neon Trees Everybody Talks (by neontreesmusic)
“Don’t ever ever let any asshole tell you you’re not good enough. And when they do, meet them in the face and say EVERYBODY TALKS!”
-Tyler Glenn, Neon Trees for Wanderland 2013
I haven’t read TFIOS yet but somehow I imagined him as Augustus.
Fan say Joshua Brand would be more suitable for the role though.
Maybe I should read the book and see for myself who would be better to play as Augustus.
So my friend and I went to the mall earlier to do the Gap x Wanderland promo.
I fitted some nice clothes there and took a picture.
It went well, though I don’t know if that would be okay. Because I really have this low self esteem and I can’t seem to appreciate my pics hahaha.
Lol, my sister even said that I look like a dork on my pics. I have no idea if it’s genuine or she just made fun of me, you know sisters -.-
My mom found some few good shots of me, and picked some for me to submit on Gap.
I just really hope those pics were great, I wish I could see myself as how my friend sees me. And I wish I’ll be one of the winners. Cause I really wanna go.
I’ll upload the pics as soon as we pick what’ll we submit on Gap. It’s kind of embarassing to upload all of them cause I look awkward with those poses and stuff haha. ;)
So my friend asked me to join this promo courtesy of Gap Philippines. They’ll be giving away 15 VIP tickets to Wanderland to 15 lucky people. All you need to do is to go to any Gap store and then fit some clothes there that you think would be the best music festival attire. And take a picture of you and upload it on Instagram with the hashtag #gapph.
So I want to try my luck on this promo. I hope I’ll win, cause I want to go to Wanderland badly. I wanna experience attending an outdoor music festival.
I’m just dreading the moment when I’ll go inside the Gap store, because you know, it’s kind of embarassing to put some clothes there and then you’ll not purchase them after. It’s kind of awkward ‘no?
Hahhaha. Anyways, I hope I’ll win. I already said it right? Hahhaa. Pray with me that I’ll have those tickets :)